Friday 31 October 2014

FAVOURITES: Halloween Horror!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!


Living in England, I personally don't think Halloween is that big here
I know it's a huge thing in America though and I really do wish that one year I could spend Halloween there to experience the festivities
 
However, this year, I am stuck at home
Were shops overrun the excitement of Halloween with stocks of Christmas items and nobody really seem to make a big deal out of the possible festivities
I have found that as I've grown up, Halloween is definitely not the same as when I was a kid
Though I never really did anything super exciting, I have been to a few parties and obviously I've been trick or treating in my time
 
Like last year though, I am spending Halloween with my best friend where we're having a typical movie night; movies and pizza!
But in the Halloween spirit, we're only watching horrors!
One of my favourite genres!
 
I thought today, instead of posting costumes ideas or Halloween make-up suggestions, I could share with you some of my favourite horror films, in this post.
It's something a little different to my normal posts, but it's relevant to the time of the year :)
 
So here we go...
 
I'm not sure what my all time favourite horror would be, but this is definitely one of my favourites so far;
 
 
Featuring Bailee Madison (From Disney's Bridge to Terabithia)
 
Source: imdb
In the film, a young girl is sent to live with her father and his new girlfriend.
At this new house, she discovers creatures who want to claim her as one of their own.

Usually, 15 rated horror films tend to be quite simplistic and relatively the same, but this one is truly different. Personally, I loved this film and would definitely recommend it to anyone!
 
Another favourite of mine is;
 
Source: imdb
Throughout the film, you watch as paranormal investigators; Ed and Lorraine Warren, work to help a family terrorized by a dark presence in their farmhouse.
 
It's actually being a while since I last watched this so my memory of the film is still fuzzy, however I do remember that I came out of the cinema buzzing from the brilliance of this film. I really did love it.
 
Finally, a third favourite of mine is;
 
Source: imdb
 
Featuring Chloƫ Grace Moretz in the 2013 remake
 
 
 
 In the film, Carrie White, a shy girl outcast by her peers and sheltered by her deeply religious mother, who unleashes telekinetic terror on her small town after being pushed too far at her senior prom.
 
So, I originally saw the remake in 2013, which I actually really enjoyed. However, I was told that they missed out crucial parts of the film, I decided to check out the original (from 1976). I found that the original was definitely so much better than the remake.
 
 
There's three of my favourite horror films!
I didn't want to bore you with a complete list - that could go on for a while.
 
Has anyone seen 'Ouija' yet? I really want to see that soon!
 
Do you like horror films? What are you favourite?
Also, are you doing anything fun for Halloween tonight?
Leave comments below :)
 
*All credit for movie descriptions go to imdb*

No comments:

Post a Comment