Saturday 31 May 2014

Cake Galore

Fancie.

The cutest little bakery - turned café, on Ecclesall road in Sheffield. 

Upon visiting their smaller store a few years ago, I couldn't resist buying cupcakes if I saw their stand in Meadowhall. Their cakes are delicious. However, you definitely have to have a sweet tooth in order to eat a whole cupcake.

Today, I had the pleasure of visiting their newer and expanded café. 

In-store, my friend and I decided to have some lunch. I had seen their menu online before and the 'posh pot noodle' stood out to me, so without hesitation I ordered my pot noodle - which consisted of a lot of green stuff, many different tasty sensations and a whole lot of noodles. My friend, on the other hand, decided on a chicken caeser salad. From what I could see, it looked super tasty - arriving with chicken (obviously), crispy bacon, anchovies, humungous crotons and many leaves. I've got to say, both meals were lovely. I enjoyed my pot noodle and my friend certainly loved her salad.



As you may be able to tell, this picture was taken by my
friend - hence why her meal is the main picture!

But, the most exhilarating part of our visit was the moment we were most looking forward to - cupcake time!! After careful consideration I chose a 'Peppermint and White Chocolate' cupcake, while my friend ordered a 'Honeycomb' cupcake.



And these two are taken from different perspectives.
Honeycomb on the left and peppermint and white chocolate on the right!

The satisfaction of eating our delicious cupcakes later lead us to buy four more to take home! 
 
In my pack:

Top Left: Red Velvet
Top Right: Chocolate Truffle
Bottom Left: Banana and Sticky Toffee
Bottom Right: Raspberry and Lemon

One of them is for my mum and the others are mine! But if I'm being honest, I don't think I'll be able to finish the rest of them by myself!
As delicious and scrumptious as they may be, one is definitely enough for you!
 
In my friends pack:

Top Left: Banana and Sticky Toffee
Top Right: Spicy Carrot and Orange
Bottom Left: Raspberry and Lemon
Bottom Right: Chocolate Truffle
Out of these, I think only one is for herself, the others are for her family. That makes me sound really greedy, but I promise you, I will share mine!
 
Our lunch destination was a great choice. The food was scrumptious, the cupcakes were even more amazing and the service was spot on. I couldn't of asked for a more lovely time. We felt welcome from the moment we stepped into the store and I would definitely return.
 
If you ever find yourself on Ecclesall road, make sure you head to Fanice - even if just to taste their delicious cupcakes!
If you can't make it to the actual store, I think they deliver their cupcakes locally and around the country - but don't hold me to that! (For more accurate information, if you don't live in Sheffield, check their website- linked below) 
 
Also, if you'd like to find them, check out their services or just want to have a look at their website, click here. Or if you'd like to order cupcakes online, click here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment